Sunday, October 23, 2011

Croptoberfest 2011

What a great day I had yesterday! My first ever big crop event. I had joined small groups for a day or afternoon of cropping, but never such a large event. What fun to be surrounded by energy and enthusiasm for one of my favorite hobbies. There were about 60 ladies who attended, and it was put on by a few Close to My Heart reps in the Tricities area. I snapped a photo of the scene:


(That's my space where the tan sweater is slumped over the back of the chair.)

My first work of creativity was inspired by Challenge #102 from Scrap Whispers. The challenge was to scraplift the layout shown below.

And here's what I came up with.

The main concepts I focused on keeping were the 2 photos in circles on the outside, a large circle connecting the two, the center titled, busy embellishing through the center, and journaling around the edge. This is such a beautiful layout by Scrap Whisper's Rosey, and I'm glad such an interesting layout was chosen for the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Now Blogger is letting me post comments again, I can let you know how much I like your lift - LOTS! All those bugs are just so cute.
    Thanks for playing along at Scrap Whispers, and please join us later today for another challenge!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete