Saturday, April 24, 2010

Inspirations from Hollywood

I just finished watching Julie and Julia. This may be one of those movies to add to the collection and pull out every so often for the inspiration and motivation to stick with something. I am in awe of and mystified by some of the perfectly consistent occurrences around me. Being surrounded by engineers makes me feel my life is very inconsistent in the small stuff. Some coworkers park in the same unassigned parking space everyday and drink the same coffee from the same cup everyday and have done so for the last year or more. Sometimes it seems my inability to maintain consistency in these small things is my own bit of rebellion because the bigger picture is kept so structured - meeting deadlines, promises, commitments.

So a movie like Julie and Julia makes me wonder if I'm capable of committing to a small feat like writing in a blog everyday. Or writing to a friend everyday. I think committing to something small for a year would be an interesting challenge that would bring more happiness to life. Thank you Hollywood for the inspiration for a fun challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment