Friday, April 30, 2010

Hunting Happiness

With a little weight on the shoulders this morning and a 3rd day of mostly cloudy skies (when it's said the Tricities sees 300 days of sunshine a year), I sought out "happy clouds" in a Google image search for some pleasant inspiration. Bob Ross smiled at me in one of the results. Semi-superstition tells me that I need to finish work quickly today because fate has spoken through Google, and I should pick up my acrylics and brushes tonight.
Any description of Bob Ross ought to discuss his painting TV show that used to (and maybe still does) air on PBS. His way of teaching painting really was ideal for an average person wanting to paint. As a 6th Grader, I took a mini course on acrylic painting and made a rougher version of the painting shown next to him. This painting legend who passed away in 1995 had an amazing voice, like that of a good yoga instructor. It's just the soothing and relaxing type of voice to teach you in a good hobby and as you re-establish harmony in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment